Saturday, March 6, 2010

Movie Review 1: Avatar

You know what? I haven't done a review lately. Maybe I should do one. Not of a game, though. How about... a movie. Yeah. That's good. But which one? Hmm... Ooh! I know! What about Avatar?! Everyone was obsessing over that for a good few months, before release included. Heck, they might of been obsessing over it for years in that case. I will review Avatar.

Jake Sully, this marine dude, has some leg disease or somethin'. He goes to the moon Pandora, rich in a rare mineral that humans want, in place of his dead brother. Aliens name Na'vi live there. Then he teams up with them against the invading humans after falling in love with one. Humans are cowboys. Na'vi are indians. Indians spank the coyboys' hineys after discovering machine guns and rocket launchers. The End.

Now I know what you're thinking: "Dude, you gave away the story." In response I say, "Unless you haven't seen Pocahontas, the story is nothing new." ... Pwned.

The real reason people are obsessing over this movie is the special effects. The 3-D effects are awesome... I've heard. I actually saw it in
2-D, don't ask me why. Anyways, even without the THIRD DIMENSION! the effects are pretty sweet. Awesome animation of Na'vi and creatures, beautiful backdrops, and great sound. All in all I give this
<3 <3 <3 <3 < Four and a half hearts (view sideways).

No comments:

Post a Comment